Root Canal Therapy
Root Canal Therapy Will Fix Problems Inside Your Tooth
Root canal therapy refers to repairing and saving a tooth that has become infected or significantly decayed. The aim is to prevent abscesses forming which can lead to pain, swelling and bone loss. The treatment involves removing the nerve and "pulp" or soft area within the tooth, cleaning the interior and then sealing the tooth. Removing the nerve of the tooth has no impact on the tooth's function.
While it's fair to say root canal treatment is not particularly pleasant, at Premium Dental our goal is fix the problem quickly, smoothly and with minimal discomfort so you'll feel better as soon as possible. And your teeth will definitely thank you for it.
Some of the causes of inflammation, infection or damage to the nerve and pulp:
- Deep decay
- Repeated dental procedures on one tooth
- Particularly large fillings
- Cracks or chips in a tooth
- Trauma to the face.
Some symptoms that there may be an issue with your root canal:
- Severe tooth pain when chewing or applying pressure on a tooth
- Prolonged sensitivity and/or pain to heat or cold temperatures
- Tooth discolouration, particularly darkening
- Swelling and tenderness in the nearby gums
- A persistent or recurring pimple on the gums
- Occasionally there are no obvious symptoms, which is why regular checkups are crucial.
If you are experiencing toothache or pain, contact us now to talk with one of our professional staff.
Our approach to Root Canal Therapy:
- Accurate diagnosis – we use an Apex locator to accurately locate the exact position of the infection in the root of your tooth
- Pain management – we offer the latest in pain relief and pain management to minimise discomfort
- Open communication – we explain the procedure simply, clearly and in full, answering questions, addressing any concerns and only proceed once you are completely ready
- Alternative to extraction of tooth – wherever possible, we endeavour to repair and retain a patient's tooth rather than relying on premature tooth extraction.